Thursday, October 15, 2009

A Hawk & A Hacksaw

I need to be totally honest with you guys here: I don't even know what this whole album sounds like. I have not even listened to it in its entirety. what I have done for the past four days is listen to the first two songs on repeat. based on how much I love these songs, I decided I was going to upload the album. I am assuming that it is all equally as awesome as those first two songs, but I wouldn't actually know, since I haven't actually heard it.

either way, from what I can tell, A Hawk and a Hacksaw generally consists of a dude from Neutral Milk Hotel and a girl with a violin. they make music like Beirut but without vocals, like Hala Strana but not nearly as depressing, and Black Ox Orkestar but more accessible. it's basically fucking awesome gypsy folk with lots of tambourines and accordions and violin.

like I said, I downloaded this album last week and I still haven't made it past the first two songs because I love them so much. I think that is a pretty glowing endorsement.

here is one of those two songs, called "The Moon Under Water," and some dude's comically bad fan video that was edited with a pirated copy of iMovie or something.




A Hawk and a Hacksaw - Darkness at Noon [2005]


ahawkandahacksaw.co.uk
myspace.com/ahawkandahacksaw

0 comments:

Post a Comment