Thursday, October 15, 2009

Moving Mountains

here's another post about a band I recently fell in love with before their album's first song was even over: Moving Mountains.

Moving Mountains is a bunch of young gentlemen from New York. they make dense, atmospheric math/post-rock with a remarkably passionate singer. their songs are tight and polished at times, while still making unexpected, beautiful twists and taking their time to develop. they remind me of Cursive, The Appleseed Cast, and The American Dollar, with a touch of old-school emo.

if you're wondering how I found these guys (which I'm sure you're not), I was reading an online magazine that had an interview with them, and these dudes really like the Velvet Teen. like, they mentioned them two separate times in one interview. I figured anyone who likes the Velvet Teen has to be pretty awesome. and I was fucking right. suck it, haters.

anyway, the opening song of the record is a mere 2 and a half minutes long, full of melancholy piano and softly sweeping guitars, until halfway through it suddenly blossoms into lush noise and screams, and it is seriously utterly perfect. proof:




Moving Mountains - Pneuma [2007]


movingmountainsmusic.com
myspace.com/movingmountainsmusic

0 comments:

Post a Comment