Friday, August 28, 2009

I'm not dead

I haven't forgotten this blog, I just haven't had anything to post. my boyfriend just moved back home so I've been spending more time doing naked things than uploading albums.

on that note, here's an album I uploaded quite a while ago and never posted: Micachu's Jewellery. it's an awesome record of almost incomprehensible, nearly schizophrenic, absolutely flawless pop music created by Mica Levi. by the time you start to understand the idea of one of Levi's songs, it changes entirely, or it's over - only to have you furiously mash the repeat button so you can listen to the song again for the hundredth time. these songs are made up of noisy beats, ukuleles, accordions, samples of things like vacuums and videogames, and charming lyrics (although Levi's accent is so thick it's almost unintelligible to my uncultured american ears).




Micachu - Jewellery [2009]


edit: link removed upon request. email me if you are interested in getting this album.

myspace.com/micayomusic

0 comments:

Post a Comment