Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Tune-Yards

the wonders of last.fm's radio stations recently introduced me to this band called Tune-Yards. well, I guess technically it's actually written tUnE-YaRdS, but due to my many years spent in AIM chat rooms back in the day, I made a solemn vow to destroy anyone who employs alternating capitalization, so I will henceforth simply refer to this band as Tune-Yards. the project consists almost entirely of one girl named Merrill Garbus (yes, I think that really is her name), Garbus' wonderfully androgynous yelps, a ukulele, some pots and pans for percussion, and a hand-held voice recorder. the sound is similar to Micachu or The Russian Futurists; it's energetic, off-kilter experimental pop music, with repetitive melodies that worm their way into your brain in the best and most excruciating way. this shit is seriously enjoyable.

I apologize for the boring video - it's just audio - but it's also the most bizarrely catchy song on the album so whatever. love it.

"



Tune-Yards - Bird-Brains
download it


myspace.com/tuneyards
tuneyards.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment