Monday, March 30, 2009

furthermore, best band name ever

Fuck Buttons are one of those bands that has been kind of over-hyped, or at least I hear a lot about them from people who have really stupid music taste. so I avoided them until recently when I heard them on last.fm and their repetitive, creepy sound put me in some weirded-out trance.

last.fm describes them as experimental, noise, drone, electronic, and... uh... post-rock, apparently. their almost tribal percussion and high-pitched, fuzzed-out yelping vocals reminds me of Apse. I generally disregard any music with the adjective "noise" attached to it, as in my experience it tends to just be pointless and grating, these guys manage to make their strange, thick noise into something enjoyable, interesting and even sort of relaxing. I highly, highly recommend the usage of headphones for this album.


Fuck Buttons - Street Horrrsing
download it


fuckbuttons.co.uk
myspace.com/fuckbuttons

0 comments:

Post a Comment